Usually, kitchenwares are made using Pyrex, Aluminum or Cast Iron, which distribute heat very quickly. While this is a good thing, the action, of course, leaves your hands at the risk of burns if not properly handled. A good number of people choose wet towels or tablecloth to deal with this. However, these materials can only help minimize the amount of heat since they lack the thickness necessary to completely shield the hand from heat. They also don’t supply firm grips required to reduce kitchen accidents and spills. That’s why when it comes to matters regarding the correct safeguarding of the hands from burns, we recommend using the best oven mitts. They are important accessories that shouldn’t be found wanting in any kitchen (home and professional) where adequate protection is needed against burns from activities like grilling or baking take place.
But it doesn’t stop at going to shop for oven mitts. Getting the right mitts is also a matter of concern. After weeks of researching, handling a good number of mitts and test-running them with crucial factors like heat protection, maneuverability, durability, aesthetics, and affordability in mind, we concluded that Jolly Greens Ekogrips is the best mitts out there. The mitts are superior, lightweight, safe to use and make for easy grip on large and small objects.
The mitts clearly demonstrated that they can protect as they shielded our hands during tests from a heat level of 400°F for up to 13 seconds. Again, oven mitts like the Professional Silicone Oven Mitts By Homwe and The Original Gorilla Oven Mitts also won our hearts during the test. They work perfectly well and could be the best mitts you’ve ever owned. Functionality also meets safety in the other mitts we listed as well. Check them out below:
Mitts are often designed with materials like cotton (quilted and terry cloth), poly-cotton (a combination of polyester and cotton), neoprene (a type of synthetic rubber), aramid fibers (which are synthetic heat-proof fibers such as Kevlar and Nomex, and even silicone. Our experience shows that materials used for making mitts don’t really matter much. Instead, factors like the thickness of the materials and how they are blended with other materials play a key role.
The material we find very recent these days is the use of silicone and other materials. Silicon is used in designing some of the premium quality oven mitts as they can withstand scorching temperatures as high as 400 degrees Fahrenheit for a prolonged period of time without ripping apart. It also doesn’t slip or tear. That being said, cuffs and overall design determine how comfortable an oven mitt can be.
The Best Oven Mitts
Homwe Extra Long Professional Silicone Oven Mitt
Homwe Professional Silicon Oven Mitts is one of the most popular and cheapest mitts on the list yet it is of a superior quality. The mitts are purely made of FDA-approved, BPA-free silicon which excels at ensuring a more secure grip and protection for your hands. It has an extra long fabric cuff that covers the forearms, protecting even the wrists from burns. Homwe is heat-resistant to the temperature up to 450° F and measures 15 inches from the opening to the fingertip – a length long enough to protect against any kind of risk that can come to the hand.
You won’t struggle with dexterity, so carrying out kitchen tasks is a bliss. It has inner lining attached at the base of the lining which gives an additional protection. We like how they fit comfortably and how easy it is to store them using their loops to hang them. We also like that cleaning is easy and they are machine-washable and dryer-safe. However, you need to remove the lining inside-out before machine washing.
- It provides a lot of durability and security
- Heat and water-resistant
- It is flexible to work with
- Clean up is easy
- It is easy to pick up things
- It is affordable without compromising value
- Excellent customer service and satisfaction
- Offers a non-slip grip
- A few wish the cuff had a slight flare or curve
If you perform tasks that will bring your wrist in contact with hot surfaces, this is the best choice to go for. This is because, besides protecting your fingers, these mitts provide solid surface coverage of the hand, wrist, and forearm, and it protects more skin than any other mitt.
- Heat-Resistant – Offering protection up to 450°F, our oven gloves with quilted cotton lining offer improved comfort while cooking. They will also spare tender forearms from burns that can occur when your outdoor grill experiences a flare-up. They will not catch fire or melt when used near a flame.
- Extra Long – At 14.7” inches long, our oven mitts better protect fingers, hands and wrists from burns. The longer wrist protection keeps you protected from fingertip to past your wrist. This lets you grip pots, pans and cookware safely without slips or spills.
Cuisinart Oven Mitt with Non-Slip Silicone Grip
In our experience, Cuisinart Oven Mitts are great examples of the recent standard of oven mitts, using a combination of waterproof and heat-resistant silicone rubber grip and quality cotton layers. The mitts’ surfaces are made rough to offer a non-slip grip and for effective handling. They also sport outer FDA-approved BPA-free silicon which makes them healthy for direct food handling. For us, they have proven to be durable mitts that won’t easily wear out by heat exposure. Storage is a bliss with its hanging hooks. It is appropriate in handling hot items of 500 ° F. There are a slew of colours to choose from, so there is something for everybody.
- It is eco and user-friendly lacking BPA
- Is safe for handling hot items
- Easy storage
- Provides firm grip
- It is superior and shields your hands from burning
- May feel a little bulky when picking up very small items
- The metal rings could get hot
- It only comes in one size
This is a great choice when you need absolute protection from heat to pick large items. They are well-made, flexible and comfortable to work with.
- HEAT PROOF OVEN MITTS – This set of 2 glove-shaped silicone oven mitts for cooking are heat resistant up to 500 degrees F. Protect your fingers to your forearms when you handle hot kitchenware items
- A KITCHEN ESSENTIAL FOR HOME COOKS / BAKERS – Removing a cake from the oven? Or a pan, pot or skillet from the stove top? This Cuisinart high heat oven mitt set is a must!
Life Quintessentials Silicone Oven Mitts
This Life Quintessentials Grey Silicone Oven Mitts did an excellent job at protecting our hands with a maximum heat-safe temperature of 482f. It withstands that much heat using its silicone outer shell and soft quilted lining featuring 50 percent cotton and 50 percent polyester. The combination of the lining also makes it incredibly flexible and comfortable to hold. Measuring 13 1/2 inches long, protect not just your hand but also your forearm from getting hurt by low oven racks, painful steam burns as well as oil splatter.
However, their cuffs are not as long as those of Homwe, so they may not deliver as much forearm protection as Homwe. We were able to forgive this drawback because the mitts don’t impair dexterity. They also deliver top notch durability fending off wear and tear. It is a breeze to care for these mitts. It requires warm soapy water for washing and drying. Storage can also be done without a hassle by using the mitts’ conveniently attached loop to hang. Although they are sturdy enough to withstand machine washing, we think a tender hand-washing approach is a better idea.
- Offers you premium comfort
- It is waterproof, so no water or steam burns
- Maintenance is easy
- Storage is also a bliss
- It protects your hand effectively
- Great customer service
- Does not have a long cuff
- Not the cheapest mitts on the list
- Available in only one size
- Not created for machine-washing
If you are out to buy mitts that can allow you remove food from boiling water, choose these waterproof mitts. Their quality is superb, so we believe they will last longer than we expect. Although it is one size fit all, you get to choose from different cool colours.
- Heat Resistant - Our silicone oven mitts are heat safe up to 500°F, offering maximum hand, wrist, and forearm protection. The flame retardant silicone won't catch fire or melt when used near a flame. Worry less while working over hot flames, ovens, stoves, or grills. The premium inner cotton lining adds an extra layer of protection and comfort.
- Extra Long - Sili Mitts oven gloves are 14.75” inches long and comfortably fit a forearm of 10" inches in circumference. The added length of our kitchen mitts will keep you protected from fingertips to forearms so you can grip pots, pans, and cookware without the worry of scalds or burns.
The Original GORILLA GRIP Non-Slip Silicone Oven Mitt
The Gorilla Silicon Oven Mitts would be a dependable addition to any kitchen. The mitts feature high-quality silicone construction, honey comb pattern for the firmest grip ever and an extended fabric sleeve that covers efficiently. Its soft and malleable qualities allow it to easily perform any action not just in the oven but also when barbecuing and Turkey carving. Just like Life Quintessential mitts, there is also a cotton lining and polyester fill for comfort and secure grip. We also found that it provides sustainable protection with heat-resistance of up to 446 degrees. Also, you have nothing to worry about when touching the food directly because they are not just easily rinsed off in water, they are made of FDA approved silicone. Durability is another great feature you stand to get from these mitts.
- They are flexible and comfortable to work with
- Offer non-slip grip
- Their firmness provide confidence when holding up stuff
- They fit well even for people with big hands
- They are food safe
- Exceptional durability with 10-year unquestionable warranty
- You can easily manipulate and maneuver with these mitts
- It provides a tiny room for finger flexibility
These mitts have clearly established themselves as being a strong option. They can protect you from burns with a heat resistance of up to 446 degrees. Also, they are waterproof and non-toxic, so your health is well protected.
Jolly Green Ekogrips BBQ Silicone Oven Mitts
The Ekogrips mitts are ideal for your everyday cooking, particularly when you need to grab a hot pot, BBQ, or while baking. It is a stronger and thicker yet very soft option. The heat-resistant silicones are textured to give you a tight hold on large and tiny items. It is also designed to sustain the heat level from the stove and at the same time protect your hands from hot steam and hot water that may slip onto your hands. Dexterity is also assured and you can peel ingredients quite easily. The mitts do not have any inner lining so can only offer protection up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit although we think they are more hygienic as no inner lining saves you from the stench of soiled fabric. The mitts come in 3 sizes that you can choose from including one size fits most, XXL, and XL.
- Distributes heat evenly for better protection
- It is stain and rip resistant
- Lacks abrasive
- It is safe to use directly on your food
- Completely heat resistant
- They easily get cleaned up
- Lifetime warranty
- No cloth lining which some may not like
This is one of the hardest working tools you can have in your kitchen. The mitts are a multitasker that makes life easier for you. Heat-resistant and stain free too. They don’t have an interior lining, this saves you from the stench of soiled fabric.
- SAFE & HEAT RESISTANT TO 425°F: Ekogrips are strong, protective gloves trusted by competition pitmasters. With their extra-long cuffs, these silicone gloves safely grip and handle most hot foods and protect you from the intense heat of a grill or smoker.
- BACKYARD TESTED: You'll cook (and look) like a professional grill master with Ekogrips as you tend the grill with practiced ease. The gloves can grip a pork shoulder, yet they're deft enough to let you turn a soft burger bun on the hot grill rack. You can add wood to the firepit without worry about burning yourself.
AYL Silicone Cooking Gloves – Heat Resistant Oven Mitts
AYL Silicone Oven Mitts have an iconic look which we think makes it a kitchenware for a more civilized age. The mitts are designed to give the five-finger flexibility to firmly grip hot items and move them. The exterior silicone and interior heat-resistant cotton layer help you to get a firm contact with whatever containers you are moving. Also, it’s one size fit all. Unsurpassable protection from oven temperature and open fire flames. The heat resistant 100% FDA approved silicone outer shell with raised pad areas shields your hand up to the wrists while allowing you quality time to hold and move hot stuff, up to 400 plus degrees Fahrenheit. A water and oil proof outer shell discourages spills and also allows you to easily clean up. The comfortable cotton interior liner also gives more protection from heat.
- It is versatile and can be used on the grill, at the fireplace, and in the kitchen
- Reduces slips that can lead to accidents
- Superior protection even from the hottest temperatures including open flames and steamy ovens
- It is made of food safe silicone so can be used in touching the food directly.
- Protects your hands all the past your wrists.
- Dexterity is protected
- 30-day money back guarantee ensures that customers get completely satisfied
- It comes in one colour and size which may not suit everybody
If you are always working with steaming heat or an open flame, these are the perfect mitts to choose. The mitts combine safety and functionality, protecting you from the extra heat. However, it comes in one colour and size
- ENHANCED HEAT PROTECTION: We've carefully designed our dual-layer gloves to maximize your heat protection from open flames and oven temperatures with an outer silicone glove and inner heat-resistant cotton layer.
- MULTIPURPOSE VERSATILITY: The most versatile kitchen tool for baking, cooking and grilling, they can be used inside the kitchen for baked goods, by the grill for barbecue chicken, frying a turkey, or even the fireplace!
RedLantana Silicone Oven Mitts
RedLantana Silicone Oven Mitts are strong mitts that allow you grab hot items directly from boiling water quite easily and firmly. The mitts share some features with Homwe sporting gripping patterns and extra long fabric cuff similar to the Homwe for added security and comfort. They also have the same length measurement (15 inches). It is important to note, however, that the fabric cuff may not protect you if hot liquid spills on it. There is also a cotton lining interior for more protection and comfort. In addition, you get a long protection against sustained contact with hot objects straight out of the oven with a heat of up to 425°F. No need to worry about accidents, the textured FDA approved silicon rubber surface offers a non-slip grip that helps minimize kitchen accidents. Feel free to add the Bekith Silicone Pot Holder, Trivet Mat, Jar Opener, Spoon Rest and Garlic Peeler (Set of 4) to your cart when buying these mitts.
- They are extremely comfortable and flexible to work with
- It is versatile and can suit all kinds of kitchen tasks such as grilling, baking and more
- Easy to clean
- Easy to wear
- Wear and heat-resistant
- They are versatile and made for unlimited uses
- Superior heat distribution
- It does not have a cloth lining
These mitts have clearly established themselves as being a strong, thick option for superior protection. It is designed with top and busy chefs in mind.
- [ Upgraded Formula ] Newest upgraded exclusive formula, our windshield repair resin possesses special deep penetrating adhesive ability, and good anti-shear property. Its' shear strength can be reached to 25PA, the performance increases (25% up).
- [ Safely & Widely Use ] Contains no chemical toxic substances, this repair resin is 100% safe to use. It’s suitable for all types of laminated windscreen chips and cracks repairment, such as loophole, cobwebs, bulls-eye, half-moon cracks, star-shaped damage, long line crack/scratch and combination damage (less than 1in / 25 mm in diameter).
Our picks for the best oven mitts are based on long-term testing and thorough research. On that note, we conclude these oven mitts are must-haves for efficient protection that any chef or novice needs in the kitchen. We also like that they are really affordable without compromising quality.